All these pictures were taken from my front porch over the past few days. There was also a picture of several turkey vultures picking through a bit of roadkill, but I'll spare you those pictures. It was fascinating to watch though. At one point, all the girls were standing in the window making gagging noises--but unable to pull themselves from the action. The vultures didn't let me get very close, but I was close enough to be in awe of how big they are and how ugly their heads are--which I suppose is kind of ironic coming from a guinea owner.
I do admit to wondering where it puts me on the country-bumpkin scale to be photographing turkey vultures tearing apart roadkill. Hmmm.....
Anyway...my whole reason for this post is to share some of my google reader "stars" from last week--posts not necessarily written last week (I'm very behind) but good things to share with you nonetheless.
It's been a long day. And I'm trying to get to bed earlier so that I'm up earlier. But sometimes these quiet evenings are my time to unwind--but maybe they don't need to be quite so loooong.
Oh, and before I forget...thank you for some amazing music suggestions. I've been working my way through the list. So much good stuff I forgot, or discovered. Thank you!
Some starred items from last week, for your perusal:
* soft pretzels, refreshed at Smitten Kitchen
* Grace's baby bunting...now if that baby would just arrive!
* roasted cabbage at thekitchn...dan has requested cabbage in the garden this year. i'm collecting recipes.
* good tip: why you should keep your oven door closed.
* a sneak peek at kristin's new fabric design. (I see mollybirds in there!)
* Lori's thoughts on the perfect homeschool curriculum
* Molly joins the club.
* I want to make my own version of these for the girls. I love them!
* Leslie's latest pattern has me dumping my current project to get started on this.
What's catching your eye in blogland these days?